Differential Pressure Molding has been used successfully on a broad range of composite materials, including:
- Glass-mat thermoplastic (GMT) composites,
- Lightweight reinforced thermoplastic (LWRT) composites,
- Natural-fiber reinforced GMT,
- Thermoplastic sandwich-panel composites,
- Thermoformable Rigid Urethane (TRU),
- Unreinforced thermoplastic sheet,
- And many more.
More recent work has focused on using the process to form some sheet-form composites with thermosetting matrices, including a unique cross-linkable acrylic that is thermoplastic in its “B stage,” allowing for the production of thermoplastic prepregs.
Reinforcement technologies may include:
- Short chopped glass,
- Longer chopped glass,
- Unidirectional, continuous glass,
- Woven glass fabrics,
- Chopped natural fiber mats.
Want to mold a material that is not listed above? Please CONTACT US to determine if your specified material can be processed with DPM.